Quinoa Sushi makes for a perfect meal or an in between snack. You can fill it with whatever you want and you know there is no added crap.
This Recipe makes 5 sushi rolls.
You will need:
Bowl of water, to dip your fingers in as you are preparing
Bamboo mat (I prefer to roll by hand)
5 sheets Nori Paper
1 cup of uncooked quinoa, soaked for 8 hrs or overnight
1 small cucumber
* can also add carrot, spinach, capsicum, marinated tofu. Your options are endless.
3 tbs Tahini
1 tbs Tamari
1. Cook Quinoa, I personally cook it on low for about 15 minutes, then turn it off and let it sit in the pot with the lid on for about 10 minutes and then fluff it 🙂 put on plate to cool.
2. Mix ingredients for sauce as this is what you will stir in to your quinoa once cooled, this is to help make your quinoa sticky so it doesn’t totally fall apart once you cut it.
3. Chop cucumber and avocado in thin slices.
4. Drain a little juice from the sauerkraut and put aside
5. Once quinoa has cooled mix in sauce, it should be sticky now!!
6. Lay down bamboo mat and place nori paper shiny side down on the edge closest to you.
7. Spread quinoa across paper, so it reaches both sides, and covers just over 1/3 of the paper, leaving less than 1cm gap at the bottom.
8. Now put your chosen vegies on the quinoa.
9. Before rolling, dip your fingers in the water and slightly wet the top half of the paper where it will need to stick together.
10. Now start rolling!! I sliced mine into two or three pieces because I totally cannot cut into little pieces.
11. Repeat steps 6 – 10 until all quinoa is used.
12. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of tamari.
I would love to see your creations, if you make it, tag me on instagram.